Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry and Bright

Even though we always go home to the US for Christmas, we still like to get in the spirit at home and decorate the house a bit and I always send Christmas cards. We use Tiny Prints for our photo cards. Sometimes I have photos of all of us, but this year I chose two photos of the girls. I always find styles I like from their selection. This year we bought a small tree and put it on a table. It's just about the same height as Lois and fits our favorite ornaments perfectly. Lois actually carried it home herself! 

I love ornaments and each year we buy a few new ones. This year I bought them from John Derian's shop in New York. I bought Lois and Ellie some ice cream ornaments and Andrew a beetle. 
I also love cards and family photos in Christmas trees, but this year I just put a few family photos since the tree is so small. I made a few ornaments to look like little gifts wrapped in some of my favorite papers. 
 We used Lois's star from last year.
And I stuck some of the Ann Wood horses Lois made in the tree. I'm crazy about these horses and want to make more. I didn't think to include them in the tree until I saw Ann Wood's tree,  which I love
Downstairs, where we spend most of our time, I simply added a few things to the mantle. 

 And Lois and her friends helped me make a few decorations and ornaments.
Our Ann Wood tweety here is going to keep an eye on our house until we return. I'm very happy to be home with our families for Christmas. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

1 comment:

Alicia P. said...

Leigh, thank you so much for your sweet tablecloth gift and lovely card! You are so kind -- thank you for thinking of us! Merry Christmas, xo, alicia