Monday 10 November 2014

Cambie Dress

Since we've sort of turned our house upside down re-arranging some rooms, I haven't sewn anything in a few months, but I'm looking forward to hearing the hum of the sewing machine again soon. The last thing I made was the Sewaholic Cambie dress. I've stolen Ellie's room as my craft room since we turned my craft room into our grown-up sitting room / library / game room (not sure what to call it really!). But our old dining table that I wanted to use as a desk wouldn't fit up the stairs and the legs don't come off, so rather than chopping it up to fit, I ordered a simple table from IKEA to use as a sewing table and will accessorize it with some cute things. I have quite a few patterns in mind to make on my new sewing table, including making another Sewaholic Cambie dress. I made this dress in the summer and I love it.

I made view B, but I bought some pretty linen fabric to do view A. Though it's autumn now and I won't be wearing my Cambie dress again till next spring or summer I still wanted to share in case anyone is interested in this pattern. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow and the fit is really nice. I struggled a bit to get the bust and waist to fit me well, but that had nothing to do with the quality of the pattern but rather just fitting it well to my own body. The dress is fully lined with a concealed zip at the back and it has pockets. I love pockets in dresses and skirts! I used Leah Duncan fabric that I bought at Ray Stitch. I think next time for view B I'll use something like rayon, something with a bit more drape though this fabric does drape pretty nicely.

No comments: